The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Yep i can see violet...

Yep i can see violet today on my Carrera, it looks the same shade as one of Nic's Cal 15 Monaco's that i was lucky enough to try on. Its interesting i have gone from a re-edition Monza to buying and selling on a few re-edition Monacos to my first dip into vintage in about 2 months. I have to say i really cannot understand the value of the new Tag's now. They are far less fun/interesting and once you've worn it, its pre owned anyway. Guess that's me hook, line and sinker on the vintage Heuer front then!!

You would have to go and post a picture of those Cal 15 Monacos' wouldn't you, i think they are stunning and i'm looking around for one in my price range at the minute. I love to see the second hand movement and i think the design really stands out. The only way i could conceive of an improvement would be a cal 15g. Perhaps someone could turn up a grey dial version as a new discovery?!

(Clearly i'd love a 1133b/g but lets be honest that may take me some time!!)

Rich

: Yes, Rich, the Heuer dials are often more complex than they come
: across in photos.

: The 1553 N dial is one that we discussed a bit towards the end of
: working on the Carrera table.

: This one in particular is pretty chromatically sensitive to
: exposure to the sun - Heuer/their dial supplier seemed to have
: played around with small changes to pigments over time, because
: we see a fair bit of variation in the blue. On some of the
: dials, the blue fades to a gorgeous violet colour rather than a
: paler blue - I've seen both side by side and you'd almost swear
: they were different models.

: The same thing happens to contemporary Monaco Cal 15s - Shaun
: posted a great comparison picture a couple of years ago:

:

: The Carreras I've seen were a slightly paler violet than that, but
: the same sort of effect.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE