The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My own experience + tip
In Response To: Redial – Find 10 faults! ()

Hi Peter,

that must have been quite a disappointment! I had a comparable case 5 years ago with a Heuer dial. Many dial guys have a problem to copy the typical Heuer letter fond. The same applies for the typical colours blue and grey which Heuer used in some models ( e.g. Monaco)

In my particular case I refused to take the watch back and insisted to have the dial redone. This was accepted at no cost and I have to admit the second try was much better than the first one. I think it is important to make very clear that you are a collector. Collectors are much more critical and have other expectations than customers who just want their "father's watch" refurbished. Collectors want to have a dial which comes as close to the original one as possible, the refurbishing public is happy when the watch looks "as new"and bother less about our important details. The latter category is the majority when it comes to redo dials.

Well, just a thought for next time or other OTD'ers who have such plans.

Have a nice weekend!

Venlig Hilsen and give my regards to Arne!

Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE