The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: eBay Carrera
In Response To: eBay Carrera ()

Hi Brook.

Some time soon we will be updating the Carrera table with some more valid combinations of hands and dials we have uncovered. Suffice to say, the hands on this watch won't be among them...

The main timekeeping hands have been repainted; the chrono needles are too narrow; the second hand may be ok.

Some of the dials correctly don't have contrasting Tachy rings - the champagne dials, for instance, and the 110.253 B with the CdG dial we show in row E-34 (currently!) of the table. We sometimes see dark dial, dark bezel combinations for sale - as here, where there are other parts that have been replaced on the watch, I would suspect that the bezel is not original too.

On the other hand, it would probably make a good project watch for someone as (as far as I can tell from the screen of my ultra-portable!) the dial itself, the case, movement and bracelet all look ok. I've seen Carrera hands come up for sale now and again.

All the above without prejudice, I am not bidding on the watch or connected with the seller.

Messages In This Thread

eBay Carrera
Re: eBay Carrera
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE