The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: New arrival; Hamilton chrono-matic with caliber 11

: I like it, that powder blue colour is great - do you know if it's
: original or faded? I've only seen these with dark blue or
: off-white dials before. Even if it has faded, it's lovely and
: even and very distinctive!

: Is the dial pulling away from the tachy ring between 3 and 6, or is
: that just a shadow?

: These are definitely the pick of the Hamilton chrono-matics for me,
: the pan-europ and count-downs are much fussier.

Thanks, Mark.
Yesterday's very bright afternoon sun gave the dial a bit lighter looking shade of blue than actual. Under artificial inside lighting or less bright outdoor conditions, the dial actually looks much darker and slightly blue-gray shaded, as you describe. It doesn't appear to have faded at all!
I checked with a loupe and that is a shadow you are seeing between 3 and 6. No separation of the tachy ring from the surface of the dial. I was lucky to get a real good deal on this watch. Not too many bidders. I was surprised when I won it. I put a band on it that I bought from Official Time (e-bay seller from Asia) earlier this year.

Messages In This Thread

New arrival; Hamilton chrono-matic with caliber 11
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE