The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Oh no! I've been bitten by the PVD bug!!!

For years, and despite multiple encouragements from Chuck Maddox, I never felt attracted to PVD-coated watches. I thought that even if they looked good new, they too often ended up looking like they had spent some time in a bucket of coal. As a result, I passed on many opportunities to acquire such a chronograph.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. I stumbled upon an auction for a ref. 510.501 TAG Heuer in remarkably good condition, and given that the price was right I decided to place a bid. Much to my surprise, nobody else did, and I ended up buying this watch. At last I would begin to understand what that PVD hype was all about...

Guess what, I love it!

Messages In This Thread

Oh no! I've been bitten by the PVD bug!!!
Re: Oh no! I've been bitten by the PVD bug!!!
Re: Oh no! I've been bitten by the PVD bug!!!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE