The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Santa came early this year...Norwegian Bund

Today was my lucky day.
One of my colleagues in his 50's came up to me and said he had found a old watch in a drawer that might be of interest for me.... He knew of my love for Heuer.
And out of his pocket comes a Norwegian issued Heuer Bund. Do you want this old watch? He asked..... yes I did :-) He would not accept any money for it, but said ok to a symbolic sum after some persuasion (very, very low). He got the watch when he was serving his time in the Norwegian Airforce as a photographer in the late 1970's. It was a gift from a friend that worked with supplies. He got it when they was phaseing some of them out.

The hands is wrong, but has been there all the time my colleague has owned it (since 1979). So it has probably been changed during a service in the 1970's. I will replace the with originals. The case, bezel and dial is good.

The back is stamped LUFTFORSVARET and a number that ends with /76. This indicates that it was issued in 1976.

After a service and a set of original minute and hour hands this will be a very nice Heuer. I will possibly put on a new crystal as well. But I do like that it keeps some of it's "battle scars".

What a day!

I will post full report after service.

Cheers
Jarl
www.classicheuers.blogspot.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE