The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Questions from a Reader re Caliber 12 (Silverstone)

The following is a message received from a reader, relating to his new Silverstone. I post this message, so that others can benefit from the answers and the discussion:

I have a "new to me" Heuer Silvestone Fume Dial. . . . I am trying to learn the function of this watch:

1. I know the operation of the two pushers on the right side of the watch, ie...top starts/stops second hand and bottom resets to zero.

2. I was wondering the best way to wind these automatic watches AND

3. When the watch is wound and ticking the two registers do not move, ie...what is the left register for and what is the right register for AND SHOULD THEY BE MOVING!!

4. Also is there a "quick date" spot on the crown when you pull it out OR do you have to go all the way around until the desired date comes.

I really appreciate your help and expertise, as usual!!!

Messages In This Thread

Questions from a Reader re Caliber 12 (Silverstone)
Re: Questions from a Reader re Caliber 12 (Silverstone)
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE