The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Bought from that seller recently
In Response To: Re: The Modena or? ()

Hi,

I bought an Autavia Ref. 73463 (Siffert Style) from that seller recently ...

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=200343733175

On that watch (the Autavia), several parts had been replaced, too. Some very clearly visible from the picture in the auction (especially the pushers), but several only became obvious when I received the watch a week ago. The crown is too small, there is about 1 mm space between the crown and the case. The hand for the second isn't original (too thin), the bracelet might not be original (although the clasp is signed, the connecting bit, sorry, don't know the English word, reads "Stainless Steel China"). Still a good watch for that price. Didn't find the seller very friendly though. He repeatedly insisted that everything is original and urged me to pay. Which I did, but I just asked whether he could get original pushers for the watch. Especially since he said that he had just bought several Heuer watches from one customer.

I might start a new thread on this Autavia soon. I just mentioned it here because it was the same French seller, watches-mania.

Greetings from Germany,
oliver

: Is this a real Modena?

:
: http://global.ebay.com/CHRONOGRAPHE_HEUER_MODENA_AUTOMATIQUE_DE_1970/200351022358/item

: Greetings Jan

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE