The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: stolen monaco
In Response To: Re: stolen monaco ()

sorry to hear that !

keeping records of serial numbers is a waste of time with a stolen watch like this. just exchange the case and it has a new number. also selling this watch on a fair, even to someone who knows its stolen will defenitelly result in a 100% new watch place and you never find it back.

The only thing to avoid this is to not wear a watch like this in strange places: I never do, at least I hide in my pocket. On bizz trips I never wear an expensive watch at all. just a cheap watch from Mc Donalds or not even a watch at all. Time in your cell or black barry is enough.

sure a robbery of a watch in London is uncommon I think. But I know a guy in Italy who came from a watch fair and his panerai (vintage 100 kEuro) was stolen: just they cut the leather strap with the knife by one guy, the other did hold him in the parking garage. This is a scarce watch as only a hand full do exist...but a "common" monaco I think you never ever find back......

ape

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE