The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Porsche Design flogging any old tat...

While I agree with the sentiment that Porsche design make a lot of rubbish, it should be noted that Porsche design was created when Ferdinand decided to break away from the car company and start up his own industrial design business in Austria focused on watches, sunglasses, etc.

I think that there are closer links now between Porsche AG and Porsche Design, but for many years the main thing shared by the two companies was a name.

Others will know more about this than I do, but not sure how much blame/ credit one company should get for the products of the other!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE