The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: The many faces (and hands) of McQueen

Hello Arno, i do not know much about these other than they are exaty the same shape and size of the standard hands also with the same brushed finish and matching colour red paint. my guess is they are transitional hands between the square all silver and the standard hands. I know some people say they are service hands but it would have been an odd move to start making different looking hands to the norm, customers would not have been happy. So i reakon this colour combo was tried out and ditched for the much prettier stripped hands. The first picture shows the hands with very aged lume proving they are not a new hand. The second pic shows a watch with an unusual box also perhaps proving a difference to the norm. Date on the booklet looks like 1970 which also makes the watch quite early. Nic

: Nic, fantastic collection !! Amazing quality watches...
: As you mentioned second row center watch would have got initially
: the 7740 larger lume insert hands..
: Do you know more about these red tipped hands on the left watch
: second row?
: It seems that a larger number of these have appeared rather
: recently.

: Cheers

: Arno

: www.heuerchronographs.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE