The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Best looking chrono ever?....Omega Speedmaster v 1133B

This arrived today, thought I'd share here. Hi all.

I've toyed with getting this exact Apollo 11 model for a while, after managing to aviod owning a Speedmaster for my dozen collecting years.

I think this colour dial combo is the nicest...the all black Speedmasters always seemed too plain to my eye.

Timely too, as Monday will mark a special event, 40 yrs ago according to the dial.

After avioding one for so long I'm quite surprised by how much I like the look and feel of this, my first Speedmaster. And, it probably has what I think is the best ever looking dial colour/tachy/subdial colour combination. I've a Tudor chrono with the same silver/black dial- there's just something about the config. and size of this Omega that I like. I've had the Sifferts and all the Autavias - the GMT's et al- the Silverstones and the Dato 12's, and one of each Monaco, Daytona's, Breitlings, etc etc. I just like this Speedy. Although, it can't top the trans-Monaco.

What do they say about collecting- you start out simple, then graduate to one of everything interesting/expensive/collectable, and then migrate back to more simple, pure pieces ? The latter seems to be me at the moment.

Anyone care to submit their "best looking" chono?

Cheers

Stew.
PS- thanks for your email the other day Jeff!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE