The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Chrono TAG Heuer Monaco

: Many thanks Mark for all these.
: I was indeed very suspicious especially regarding the pushers, the
: dials and .... the general aspect.
: Hopefully, I haven't paid a lot (another indication !) and I'll
: keep the piece just for record.
: Enclosed another picture of the fake next to my genuine one which
: confirms all what you said.
: Being not an expert, I'm amazed to see the efforts made my people
: to create fakes of that complexity.
: Best regards,

: JP Magalhaes

I think we'd all be a bit staggered if we had the annual production numbers of fake watches in front of us.

And some of them are of really outstanding quality, much closer to the originals than that Monaco. I sort of naïvely wish some of them would actually create brands from scratch and sell their watches for what they are but unfortunately there seems to be enough of a market for replicas that they prefer to do that instead.

It's not limited to watches - the Chinese motor trade at the moment seems very taken with cloning designs from other manufacturers. There's a Rolls clone and BMW succeeded in getting an X3 clone removed from the market. There was even one (might have been a Toyota Aygo clone, can't quite remember) where the 'original' manufacturer bought a clone, coloured coded every part, colour coded the original car a different colour, and mixed up all the parts to produce two running multi-coloured mix-ups. Strange world we live in.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE