The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer chrono-quartz
In Response To: Heuer chrono-quartz *PIC* ()

: I'm trying to get an idea on the re-sale value. The # on back is
: 264.006 and if I remember right it's from the late '70s. Very
: good condition since I hardly ever wore it, with only a couple
: of small scratches on the back.

: And why is it so hard to find info about it online? Everything
: seems to refer to TAG-Heuer now.

: Thanks for any insights!

Hi Frank. The watch looks to be in great condition, but value would be marked down because a) quartz (collectors prefer automatic movements) b) gold-plate (consensus seems to be that gold plate = discount to stainless steel) and c) transition model- these watches are regarded as the first of the "non-Heuer Heuer's"- if that makes sense. The 1000, 2000 and 3000 series were the first of the new models developed as the company broke away from the Autavia's, Silverstone's, Monaco's, etc in the early 1980s.

My guess on value would be US$400-600...possible more if you still have the box.

Anyway, that's just a guess- take a look at Ebay in the completed auctions. I think that I've seen a few of these sold recently- both the automatic and the quartz versions.

Cheers

David

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE