The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Ebay--Carrera DATO 45
In Response To: Ebay--Carrera DATO 45 ()

Hi Tom,

the watch seems to be genuine and in good order, BUT ....

If you compare it with the photos in the Chronograph section on this site ..

http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Chronographs/63.Carrera/d.Carrera_45_Dato/Ref_3147_Later_White/

you will notice that they are the same, so it seems that the seller has copied them from this site! Unless he is the real owner and gave permission that his photos can be used here sometime in the past, but that seems to me very unlikely. The seller lives in China, so that can also be a bit of a problem and he already got 5 negative feedbacks in the last 12 months. The watches he usually sells are cheaper. So, to sum it up, for me a No-Go. Nevertheless, he already received 5 price offers. The people don't know this site, I guess.

Greetings,
oliver

: Hello everyone. I am not the best with computers so really did not
: know how to post pics or URL to the ebay auction.

: The ebay number is 390067251236. It is a silver dial latter version
: Carrera DATO 45. It has "BEYER" on the dial. I was
: wondering if anyone knows what the "BEYER"
: significance is and if the watch looks to be original.

: Again, sorry for not being able to script things better. So if you
: happen to be on ebay, I would appreciate your help.

: thanks again, Tom

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE