The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Camaro ?
In Response To: Heuer Camaro ? ()

Hi Stefan.

Well, I have some good news and some bad news.

In time-honoured fashion, we'll start with the good: as far as I can tell from the first photo, it looks like a genuine Camaro dial. And the caseback looks to be a genuine Heuer one too. It's hard to tell from the photo, but the handset may be ok as well.

I'm afraid it kind of goes downhill from there. That's definitively not a Camaro case - they always have cushion-shaped (kissenformig) cases like this:

The case on your watch looks similar to a Carrera case of the same period, but not quite the same - the detail on the lugs doesn't seem quite right in the photo. It also looks like that Heuer caseback doesn't fit particularly well.

Lastly, that appears to be a Venus 188 movement and, as far as I am aware, the Camaros only used Valjoux movements (72, 92, 7730, 7733 and 7734). The Camaro movements would have a Heuer-signed bridge too.

So, it looks to me that your watch has been put together from some Heuer parts and some non-Heuer ones.

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Camaro ?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE