The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My mid-summer star

This a early Heuer 3-reg. chronograph with Valjoux 71. I got it dead cheap some years ago in very bad shape. The dial was beyond rescue, and the movement was soaked in hobby-oil and dirt. It did sort of run, but the chronograph was stuck. Two years ago I was lucky to find a NOS dial, just like the one damaged on Ebay. My lucky day!
Then it went back in the project box for another year untill I finally got it to a proper watchmaker a few weeks ago for the last bit of work.

Last week it came back, and now it runs perfect! I have keept the original blued hands. It's some spots of rust on them, but I like then anyway, they give a nice vintage feel. I even got the original nicely made crown.

Here's two quick shoots taken tonight.

I just love when a longtime project finally comes together and is complete, running watch again.
The complete story with lots of pictures will be published on my blog later.

Best regards
Jarl

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE