The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Thanx a lot
In Response To: Added 1976 Brochure Tonight ()

Great addition Jeff, as usual. Those old catalogues are always a pleasure to read, nice pictures and neat texts.
It's especially intriguing if one confronts these and modern catalogues (and I have no particular brand in mind here), which rely so much on hyped texts, glamourous pictures etc.
On the contrary these vintage Heuer ones offer a very concise, sometimes even brisk presentation of the item and then move on to the next one. Description themselves appear incomplete if compared to current standards. I am a lousy photographer and no advertisement expert, though it speaks volumes to even a common chap like me how 'raw' these pictures usually look: always a front shot, with plain white background etc..
Indeed they look more indeed like a DIY tools catalogue than a watches one, but hey weren't Heuers 'tool watches' indeed? And make no mistake my friends: I love these, both the watches and the catalogues, as most of the regulars here do.
Cheers.
Fabrizio
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE