The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Black beauty...

I received this one yesterday. Most of you guys surely will recognize this one as it was sold on ebay...to me :-)

At first I was a bit worried about the general condition of this black PVD Autavia. Well, after opening the package yesterday I was very positively surprised. It is indeed quite used but the pictures that were listed on ebay didn't do the watch justice at all. She looks way much better "in the metal".

This black PVD Autavia was already longtime in my top 5 vintage Heuer wristwatches...but at the same time I didn't want to spend to much money on this model. Now I'm happy I took my chance with this one.

So, here are already some quick and dirty pictures of my black beauty...just the way I received it. I will be posting some more pictures once I did some work on it...however I'll leave the PVD coating this way, just some serious cleaning, pusher service, crystal, sealings and probably new movement. Maybe I'll use another Autavia case to have it PVD-coated...

Does anyone has an idea of howmuch examples of this model were produced?? A rough estimate?? 200 pieces??

Cheers,
Abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE