The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Laguna Seca -- Testa Rossa (Two Words) in the Tire Wall

Hi Guys..
Jeff your cousin who races with us at CSRG knows this Owner well.. This is David Loves beloved 250tr.. Thank God he is alright. David is in his 70s .. has been racing that car since before CSRG started.

He is a True car guy,, David is not a snob, like a lot of the wealthy car guys..( I can say that) he also drives this car on the streets around our area in the hills. he drives his stunning cars in the rain too!

I feel for him.. he said about 15 -20 years ago you can not wreck a car worth (then) $3 to 4 mill.
he bought the car in the 60s when it was a old used cheap race car and has used it since.. It has been totaled before, No biggie its a true work hoarse.

I say all this because David is good people who is happy to still be able to get out there in his health and age... Not as I read more $$$ than brains guy and all the other BS printed out there in this link. I just checked the link and this is now up: well said and dates to some history I was talking about. posted by Paul;
This very Testarossa was virtually demolished at Laguna Seca in 1960, having to be pulled from a tree off the course. The gentleman here, David Love, bought it in 1964 (for virtually nothing), restored it and raced in SCCA against mid-engine cars from 65-68. He won at the very first Monterey Historic Races in 1974 and has raced this car hard for almost 45 years.

I think we can all tip our collective hat to the man and wish his steed a speedy recovery. It will be back

Guys Please see this link. http://www.tamsoldracecarsite.net/DavidLove1.html
======================================================================

: Painful to see this Testa Rossa finding it's way into the tire

: wall --

:
: http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/17/video-sort-of-multi-million-dollar-ferrari-250-tr-crashing-at/

: Ouch ! ! !

: Jeff

:
: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE