The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Needed: Your Very Best Cal 11, 11-I, 12 and 15 Photos

After a brief delay (of approximately 50 weeks), I have recently resumed work on a webpage that will show the main differences between Caliber 11, Caliber 11-I and Caliber 12. As time permits (hopefully within the next 50 weeks), I may expand this webpage, to cover the Caliber 11-GMT, Caliber 14 and Caliber 15 movements. In other words, we will finally have a webpage that helps our readers figure out the differences and authenticity of all these movements.

I working on this page, it would be great to assemble a collection of our very best photos of the movements themselves. A couple of preferences, please:

• Shown below is an awesome photo of an early Caliber 11 movement. This style of photo is ideal -- complete movement, removed from the watch, shot "head-on", with nice even lighting.

• Photos of movements in the watches will be fine, but it will probably work out better if the movement was been removed from the watch.

• Strangely enough, I have never owned a Caliber 15 chronograph, so any Cal 15 photos would be greatly appreciated.

• Who among our readers might have photos of a Caliber 12 movement, with the nickel / silver plates?

• For all these photos, the higher the resolution, the better it will be.

• There is a good chance that this webpage will become a magazine article, so something like minimum width of 2,500 pixels is ideal size.
I am excited to be working on this webpage, and hope that some of our readers will be able to contribute awesome photos of their Cal 11 / 11-I / 12 / 14 / 15 movements. You can either post your photos here, send me links to where they are hosted or send them to me by e-mail message.

Sorry that I have been so quiet on this Forum lately . . . it's always calmest before the storm, and I am optimistic this webpage will be one great storm!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE