The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Just Added to OnTheDash: Early Viceroy (Caliber 11-I)

: Have a look at this one, an Autavia 1163V (Viceroy), powered by
: the Caliber 11-I, as indicated by the arrows on the back of the
: bottom right lug. Cal 11-I is consistent with the relatively
: early serial number for Viceroy (268xxx); original Corfam strap
: and correct buckle.
:

In the scheme of things, though, 268xxx isn't that early at all. I have a Cal 15 within 20xxx of that and I don't believe that is amongst the very earliest production of Cal 15s and we know we can peg that to 1972 at the earliest.

Nor is a fully numbered 12 hour register. My best guess from the catalogues puts that dial revision at 1972 too.

What implications does this have for the lifespan of the Cal 11 and 11i? Did they last longer than we thought or did Heuer decide that a model being sold at a fraction of the price of its equivalent models (can't find the posted advert now but was it something like $88 dollars versus something in the high 100s or even low 200s?) would be a great way of offloading any remaining Cal 11i movements?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE