The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Dato 12 Mystery....

Abel,

Firstly, that is a very cool watch, congrats.

What do you think of this version of the Dato that I own; the subdials are silver rather than white. On your example the subdials also look a different shade to the white date ring, but not so silver as on my one. I am 100% sure of the authenticity of my one, I have full papers with matching serial numbers, single owner before me, whose name is on the papers. I have certainly seen Dato 12s with dull white subdials (I owned and sold one, also involving Par, coincidently....), so there seem to be some different versions of the black dial dato around. Any of the experts out there have any view?

NB: the subdial coencentric rings and numbers are all perfect; sometimes due to JPG compression impact on the close parallel lines it makes the subdials and font look a bit weird but this is not the case in reality - the coencentric rings on the subdials are perfect. It is a common problem on watch photos, equivalent to the "moire" pattern effect you get if you scan an old magazine photo - we should all be careful to remember this before being suspicious just from JPG photos (end of sermon).

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE