The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Twitter+Chronocentric = Powerful Tools in Vintage Collecting

For any buyers, sellers, dealers, collectors, writers and readers who may be doubting the importance of Twitter in the world of vintage watches, have a look at the Carrera 12 Dato 2547N (shown below), which was listed and sold yesterday. Sequence as follows:
  1. Watches to Buy posted for sale and "Tweeted" [I still hate that word, but it is likely here to stay]
  2. I saw the Tweet, looked at the watch, and thought that it would be a nice pick-up for some OTD enthusiast
  3. I posted the "Found" message to ChronoTrader
  4. Buyer spotted the Found message, and
  5. Bought the watch.
And all five steps occured within approx. 15 minutes.

So, dealers . . . it's time to start Tweeting. And collectors, time to sign up and start following the good dealers. And with all due humility, I am also proud of the buying and selling community that has developed in ChronoTrader . . . a nice little market for these types of watches.

Perhaps buyer and seller of this Carrera 12 Dato will come forward, to share their perspectives.

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Twitter+Chronocentric = Powerful Tools in Vintage Collecting
Re: Twitter+Chronocentric = Powerful Tools in Vintage Collec
Welcome, Gavin
Re: Welcome, Gavin
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE