The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
which came 1st? 1133G/G or G/B

Guys,
Just rediscovered this thread...
'Proof that the Dark Grey Came First (not Black-On-Grey)'
http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?noframes;read=26891

I'm wondering, are we sure about this?

My Cal11 1133G is a contrasting dial (grey with black subs) but the contrast differences can vary on a scale from almost negligible to extreme.
ie. in some lights it can look pretty similar to the brochure cover in the above link.
Subs and main dial can match when they're either near black or light grey - bizarre I know!

The serial number on mine is 159042 ie relatively low (I also have a regular 1133B, 1614xx, and my Transitional 1133B is 158020)
The one over at Chronotrader is 158xxx.
(http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/chronotrader/index.cgi?read=16672)
Matt's G/G is 159405.

The finish on mine, and this is my main point, although obviously a different colour, is very, very similar to my blue Transitional model.
I wish I could back this up with some decent photos but they're so hard to shoot (especially with 2 x 2 year old boys desperate to get their hands on the camera and watches every time they're out :-))

AndyO...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE