The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
How expensive was Heuer chronographs?

I have a 1974 German Heuer Chronograph catalogue with pricelist. The most expensive non gold watch is an Autavia 11630 GMT with bracelet at a price of 740 DeutchMark (The Monaco 1133 with bracelet was 625 DM. The gold 1158 CH Carrera that Jack Heuer gave the Ferrari drivers was 1985 DM on Corfam and 4875 DM on gold bracelet).

I came to wander how these prices compare to other prestige watches at the time. I guess it must be around the same as the Chronomatic Breitlings, but how about watches that you can still buy today. How much did you have to pay for a Rolex Daytona or an Omega Speedmaster?

Does any of you have information that can answer this question?

Peter, Denmark
www.watchsite.dk

Messages In This Thread

How expensive was Heuer chronographs?
Re: How expensive was Heuer chronographs?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE