The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Best of 2009 (2): Space and Fashion?

The other unexpected highlight for my collection in 2009 was buying this stopwatch.

I really like the Heuer - Abercrombie and Fitch connection. However much TAG-Heuer has changed from being just Heuer, A&F has REALLY changed since the 60s and 70s, when it was an "wilderness" store rather than a huge trendy fashion empire. Heuer made quite a few cool things for A&F, and I think this one was one of them.

I am not a big stopwatch expert, but this looks like the Glenn "first in space" ref 2915A stopwatch. I'm sure someone out there can confirm (or correct) this. Anyway it looks very much like the same model, and I like the juxtaposition between the historical aspect and the current (and very different) perception of Abercrombie and Fitch.

Shaun

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE