The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Calculator on eBay: Reserve Not Met @ $2,480

Dear Friends,

I have seen a nos Calculator with a later leather strap at the last Munich show changing hands for 1400 €, which I thought was a bargain for a nos watch and it was sold quickly.
Even the Calculator had a long lifecycle really good ones are rather rare, maybe due to the chunky nature of the watch.
In the Heuer portfolio the Calculator was a very inventive watch, however had less of a clear positioning versus other racelinked models.
The size is definetely on the trendy side.
Also the market had been floaded by some 2nd quality cases few years ago with missing numbers on the cases and Calculator dials without the date frame.
Cheap watches often use these cases with strange hands or have bad bezels.
I must say the Calculator really grows with all the features you can obtain from the two slide rulers on a 30 years plus watch and the blue dial is stunning.

Cheers

Arno

www.heuerchronographs.com

: the $2,480 seems like a strong price for a Calculator, but it
: wasn't enough to buy this one . . . so what's the top price
: for a Calculator in great condition?

: Does the Calculator make the cut to be in this year's Price Guide?

: Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE