The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
You both have very nice watches but...
In Response To: You have a nice watch *PIC* ()

...aren't they different?? One 11063V and one 'real' 11630MH, the latter much rarer lately. They shared the same coding over time, but actually the 11063V-cased one was later, appearing in Heuer catalogues till the mid-80's.

See how the pushers fit into the case: in one case (AndyO's) they seem to cut deep into the case side and are partly visible from the front as well.
That's the later (or latest, as Heuer folded shortly thereafter before being reborn as TAG Heuer) design, and should be 11063V btwn lower lugs.
Tiga's instead has a straight and uncut case side: Tiga, would you mind posting a pusher-side side picture?

See ape's excellent tutorial on the topic:

http://www.heuerautavia.com/00000099190796605/000000991907a4c0f/00000099ec0e9341f/index.html

I like them both, but indeed I find the later 11063V (that's AndyO's) even better.

Cheers.

Fabrizio

Messages In This Thread

Loving my 11063...
You have a nice watch *PIC*
You both have very nice watches but...
Re: You have a nice watch *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE