The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A couple questions on Autavia HS from a Mexican newbie *PIC*

Hi folks!! This is my first (hope, not last) post in this extraordinary forum. Eventhough I´m a vintage wristwatch fanatic , those for the 70´s are not of my particular taste (sorry guys); exception being some incredible pieces like this Heuer Autavia that I recently trade.

I´ve been searching in this and other forums about their history but there are a couple of questions that I would like to ask

a) this reference 11630 HS is considered an "orange boy" or "Gulf" or the nicknames are only applied to the reference 1163?

b) Although externally the watch is in mint conditions (the movement however requires a professional service ), the bracelet is dirty and has some minor scratches .

In your opinion and from the historical (not monetary) point of view, if I decide to buff it out this is considered by you experts a sacrilegy.?

Thank you in advance for your opinions and responses

Kingmatic from Mexico City

Messages In This Thread

A couple questions on Autavia HS from a Mexican newbie *PIC*
Welcome!! Uncertain About the "Orange Boy" Reference
Re: Welcome!! Uncertain About the "Orange Boy" Reference
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE