The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Monaco now in my collection...

After years of looking at these, I finally pulled the trigger. It's the one I always wanted and this one is pretty minty and it has never been polished. The price was inline with the condition and I didn't want to pass it up. I will post some more pics latter.
I have a Monaco story that follows the watch pic that is pretty interesting.

Back in the 50's my Dad had a seaplane charter service out of Lake Whatcom in Bellingham, Washington and one day a man named Howell Conant showed up to have my Dad fly him out to San Juan Island to take some photos. When he arrived early that day it was foggy so he spent some time in our house having coffee and telling us of his adventures as he had travelled all over the world. At that time, my hobby (like a lot of kids my age - around 10) was collecting stamps so I asked him if he could send me something from one of the countries he had visited. I really didn't expect anything but in a couple of months I received a personal letter from Howell which contained an envelope with some Monaco stamps on the and he told me that it was Grace Kelly's hand writing on the front. This became one of those cherished possessions that I have kept all these years.
He was the only US photographer allowed at her wedding in Monaco! Here are some pics of the letters and I have attached a site that has a lot of the pictures that he took of Grace - truly amazing!

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f61/grace-an-intimate-portrait-by-howell-conant-10573.html

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE