The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: So, any other OTD users classic car fanatics? MGB

Does a 1972 MGB qualify? Not a Porsche but still a fun car to drive. British racing green and the car has overdrive.
Unfortunately, mine's been languishing in my garage the past 15 years so no pic at this time. Some idiot hit my MG in a parking lot, the cop wrote the report up incorrectly, didn't want to correct the error feigning memory of the accident (he was retiring within 2 weeks of the "accident") and I was out in the cold regarding reimbursement without a legal fight. I had made the stupid mistake of dropping comprehensive insurance clause coverage back then as my lead foot had resulted in a fairly steep auto insurance premium and I could save over $1K having just basic insurance for a car I only drove on weekends. Yup, one of life's hard learned lessons. Well, I've aged and matured since then and now drive like an old lady to avoid the formerly frequent speeding tickets. Now my insurance is much cheaper so I always go for the premium insurance coverage. Long story short, I kind of lost interest in spending more money on the car and was pretty bitter over this experience. Watches, antique radios and tube audio equipment hobbies have consumed my discretionary income since then but eventually I'll bite the bullet and put this cute car back on the road. At least its dry and warm in the garage in the interim!

So I guess the answer to your question is, I was once a sports car enthusiast and probably will be again in the future when I decide to spend a few grand on the car. However, in the meantime, I'm afraid I'd rather buy a Jo Siffert or 1133G Monaco so The MGB will probably have to wait another year or so. Somehow I just can't allow myself to let it go and sell it, though!
Steve
: We our shared loved of all thing Heuer I'm guessing we may share
: some othe passions?

: Classic cars, motorsport etc?

: I'm a big classic Porsche fan and am the founder of
: Www.ddk-online.com

: I own a couple of air cooled 911s including one with a bit of a
: Heuer theme.

: So any other fans?

:
:

: and now Heuer themed!

:
:

:
:

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE