The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Back from Basel/ Jack Heuer Interview

Just returned from a great few days at Basel- if you want to catch up on all of the TAG Heuer stories from Basel, take a look here:

http://www.calibre11.com/baselworld-home/

I also spent an hour with Jean Christophe Babin and Jack Heuer. The Jack Heuer interview will be up here on OTD in full in a couple of days, but to give you a teaser:

- Discussion of how Jack Heuer became CEO in 1962 in his late 20s
- The real story on how the original Monaco was developed- and by who
- I picked five models and showed these photos to Jack to get his memories of these important models: Monaco PVD, Siffert Autavia, Carrera 1158 CHN, Chronosplit, 844 Diver
- Jack's reaction to the introduction of the re-edition watches in the late 90s...its not what you might expect
- Jack's role today- how he helped shape the Grand Carrera and his role in developing the Pendulum

I also asked Jean Christophe about the prospects on getting another Autavia re-edition...

dc

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE