The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer 2000 Automatic Chronograph 60 Meter Ref. 183.006

Here is my Heuer 2000 automatic chronograph with cool black PVD case and the LWO 283 piggy-back 31-jewel movement. This is the football (soccer) referee version. I was looking up info and saw it listed in the Heuer catalog. It is the automatic version of quartz model Ref. 283.006. Seems pretty rare and may be better served in a Heuer collection. I would welcome comments and would consider offers.

The Heuer is in excellent condition although it will need servicing as it only runs consistently with the chrono on, when chrono is stopped the watch runs for a while then stops. Chrono is working great, stops, starts and resets to zero precisely. Buttons work perfect, time and quick-set date set perfect, dial is near mint, PVD case has some light marks, still water resistant but not tested to pressure, movement looks super clean.

I have posted some photos below ... move available on request.

Thanks,
Neil

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE