The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Cortina Measurements

If I were better at PhotoShop or (some similar program), I would mark this photo with the measurements.

If I had two hours to spare, I would take photos with the calipers, showing the measurements.

But, in the absence of these tools / time, let me try to describe the measurements in words:

• across the dial (horizontal line), without crown, is 39 mm

• across the crystal is 32 mm

• lug-to-lug (vertical), on sides, is 38mm

• lug-to-lug (vertical), top dead center, is 43.5 mm

• bracelet width (at widest point) is 25.2 mm

• bracelet width (at narrowest point) is 15.8 mm

• thickness of case (top of crystal to back of case-back) is 13.8 mm

Most important thing of all about the Cortina: every time I wear this one, people tell me that this is a great looking watch; the perfect combination of a sporty look (especially the bracelet) and simple, clean design (for example, the hands and markers). Putting aside the "big three" -- Autavia, Carrera and Monaco -- this is easily my favorite Caliber 12 Heuer.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE