The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
ChronoSplit ,LCD

Back in 1978 I wondered into Beverly Hills Motorcars accessories with a friend ,he vwas after a certian helmet & they had her,me after seeing the LCD Heuer & they had her in stock I coughed over $ 750.00 and was thrilled to have a connection with the beloved ferrari team of Niki Lauda T178 afew years earlier.It was in for a new braclet & crystal sent to NJ,as the braclet broke & I in all my tedious car marred the mineral glass..no problem,Then theirs the recall & they offer 50% off toiwards any other Heuer with the surrender of the cronosplit working or not,most bit the dust as the module stopped functioning ,mine never stopped and im attached to her . Shes been put away with the 2 393 batteries removed since 1985,in working order ,no shes not the ferrari face as I could have ordered the face at the time & foolisly did not. Serial # R 102.703-2...351018. Ill put her back now in storage & leave her alone. Boy I love this watch as its the only electric model they ever produced & maybe I might just have the only one working..maybe not but mines full of those 1978 memorys & thats good enough for me.
later..Dom
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE