The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Amazing colours here Jan - I love it !
In Response To: Transitional paintless Monaco ()

Fantastic historical watch you have there Jan. It's a real wonder to see the degrading of the blue paint on the dial and note how it has not removed many of the details that were once printed directly onto it. Still clearly visible are the white minute markers, the HEUER emblem and the Automatic Chronograph printed on the lower dial which have all withstood the blue paint breaking down. It makes me think the Chronomatic and now this Trans dials were not sealed with a finishing clear coat, it would therfore seem that the print placed upon the blue paint acted as a sealant and has helped the blue bond to the metal surface of the dial (albeit under the white print)
With the watch being bought from original owner, there is a unique opportunity to gather information on this paintless process. It would be interesting to hear if there was a little pile of dust gathering inside the crystal/dial area as the process of colour change occurred. Was it a gradual process or did it suddenly and dramatically change? What was the owners opinion of the dial breaking down, did he accept the fact or did he contact Heuer/TAG to complain that his purchased product was not living upto his expectations? How long did the dial remain blue before the whole process of colour change?
I think you should be very proud of this watch Jan. I look forward to seeing it in the flesh here in Copenhagen some day soon. (Peter you should definately be there too - we could do it in style with a meal and red wine if it suits you both)
Cheers - Darren
-
-
-
-
-
-
-: Hi!
: Back from Belgium (thanks Abel) this very paintless transitional.
: Number: 157457. Bought from original owner.

: Cheers Jan
:
:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE