The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Rare, but Not THAT Valuable (IMHO)

These are very rare . . . maybe I have seen a handful (three to five) over the years.

But even though this model is rare, the $2,700 BuyItNow price seems crazy (In My Humble Opinion), given the poor cosmetic condition of the watch. The PVD coating is in terrible condition.

So if you really want to own one of these green PVD guys, then maybe this is your chance. Personally, I would keep looking. Who knows . . . you may find a nice one next week . . . or we may go another few years without seeing another sample, even in this condition. That's one of the things that makes collecting fun . . . right?

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: How rare is the Autavia 111.603?
: And is $2700.00 a good price for one in this sort of condition?

:

:
: http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-HEUER-AUTAVIA-111-063-CAL-12-GREEN-CHRONOGRAPH-/390189798643?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Wristwatches&hash=item5ad91fd4f3#ht_7904wt_958

: I must say I had never seen pictures of one, except for one in a
: catalog from 1984...
: I would say it's very interesting.
: Thanks

: dddmmm8

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE