The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Congratulations Abel
In Response To: Thank you Jeff... ()

Well done Abel - it seems to me only fair that an expert goldsmith such as yourself turn up another 1158. I join Jeff with his input that you will soon have this model up and shinning in all its glory again.
It would indeed be very fitting if you were to turn up the final piece of the puzzle (the 1158CHN) and have the set. Suerly you'd be the only one in the world to have all 3 models.
I look forward to seeing this 1158S photographed after your skillful hands have worked their magic on it.
- Darren
-
-
-
: ...for your compliments and encouragement.

: I must admit the Silver dial on this yellow gold case is provoking
: a very nice contrast. At first I thought the difference between
: the yellow gold and silver was too bog, but it just looks
: stunning and perfectly made for a nice dark brown alligator
: strap...

: However, there will be some work on case, movement and pushers. But
: overall I can be very happy with this one.

: This 1158S does make me think. I was planning (and trying) to trade
: my 1158CH for an 1158CHN...but it would indeed be nice to own
: the three different excecutions of this 1158 Carrera...

: More details will follow when I refinished this baby...

: Thanks again,
: Abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE