The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Another 115(3) from the court of Abel

This one just back from Abel.

It needed some work and parts, but the case and dial/inner bezel are unchanged from coming out of the factory. There was some debate about the deci bezel for the 1153 carrera, but I am 100% sure about this, it is from an old heuer watchmaker. Abel was pretty sure as well that the deci bezel was an option on these Carreras. Do all the carrera experts out there agree?

I haven't owned an 1153 for a long time, since I traded the one I had with Par, few years ago. Somehow I just didn't love the 1153 (I need to really love it to justify yet another heuer in the collection). But when I found this dial combination I really loved it. The bracelet is not Heuer, but it is NOS NSA, and it looks pretty nice. I'm looking for the end clasps for a GF, to trade for HLF, if anyone has them.

Messages In This Thread

Another 115(3) from the court of Abel
Re: Another 115(3) from the court of Abel
Re: Another 115(3) from the court of Abel
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE