The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Stop Me Before I Sell On eBay Again

Why do I do this? I just sold my later version Siffert on eBay to a guy who kept emailing me to see if I would sell it to him on the cheap despite the BIN price. I told him no. Finally, he used the BIN. I made sure everything worked perfectly, packed it within an inch of its life and shipped it off.

Today, I get an email that the stop/start doesn't work. It worked perfectly when I sent it. There's not a chance that it was damaged in shipping. It's possible, as anything is possible, that it doesn't work, but frankly, I wasn't buying. I suspected that, if anything, he broke it and wanted to get his money back. I told him that it left here perfect and if there's anything wrong, it wasn't on this end.

He responded by telling me that he buys lots of watches and never has a problem returning them. Aha! He was buying on approval, and either had buyer's remorse or decided that he didn't want it or couldn't really afford it. I told him that this wasn't a department store where he could take it home try it on and change his mind afterward.

Now my fear is that he's going to break this Siffert just to try to get his money back. Can you imagine somebody doing something like that to a Siffert? Unbelievable. I hope nobody else has the misfortune of selling this fellow a great watch, only to have this happen.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE