The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Alfisiti
In Response To: Alfisiti ()

Ahhh man, that is one gorgeous car. I'd love an old Alfa, the two I had were newer ones. I had a 1.7 33 Cloverleaf when I was 19 that cost a fortune to insure but was fast as .... and got faster every day as bits of trim fell of it. I loved it though as it sounded great. Didn't sound so great when two cylinders stopped working though. Then came the 164 3.0 Lusso which was fab; electric everything, which actually worked!!! It went very well aswell beating most things on the road at the time. I think my lead boots helped. After a speeding ban and a blown head gasket though, it had to go and I had to grow up and get something sensible. I've found I'm getting less sensible as I get older though so maybe it's time to re-live my youth...

David H

: I love Alfa's.

: My first was a 3 door 147 and then I thought I should be sensible
: and buy a 1971 1750 GTV sight un-seen from a barn. The car
: hadn't moved in 10 years- original owner.

: I then had it restored...and a few weeks later headed overseas, so
: its back in a country barn...and hasn't moved for 5 years. But
: it will whenever I head back to Australia

:
:

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE