The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Maybe I'm too Picky: Original Mint vs. Restored to Mint

All make good points.

"Original mint" is an interesting choice of words Jeff. For me, it is "original" that sells the watch to me more than "mint" - I would rather have the watch as it came from the factory, with all the scratches and dings of the intervening years, than one that has been restored to mint.

I think classic cars is a slightly different matter - any 50s Ferrari will now have a significantly better paint job than that it left the factory with, and that is expected and (generally) accepted. There may well be a wider variety of outlooks amongst watches - to a certain extent, I prize originality over condition but respect the views of someone who has the reverse priority. In one way, that's a good thing - we're not all chasing exactly the same watch.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE