The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer 300 SLR
In Response To: Heuer 300 SLR ()

Happy home coming David.
I have to admit to still having bouts of homesickness for Melbourne. Although its 13 years since i moved away, there are some things about home i will always miss. The weather may not be at its shiney best at the moment but if you want some inspiration for a grand return to Melbourne i'll share a dream i have. Go and see your footy team win a game at the MCG on a saturday afternoon (go'bombers) then an early start sunday morning for a ride/drive down the Great Ocean Road to Apollo Bay (for those of you that have never heard of this road its known as a motorcycle haven, its a long winding coastal road with spectacular views that are bound to leave a lasting impression upon anyone lucky enough to travel it). At Appollo Bay you can buy the best fish'n'chips i've ever tasted, I recommend you drive out of town with your flake and chips, past the golf course to the top of the hill where you can park and take in the view over the whole bay - bon appetit. Ahh i miss that ! Had it been summer i would have added 'take your surf board with you', but i remember how cold the water is this time of year.
Enjoy the little things i miss so much - Darren

-
-
-
-: Hi Everyone,

: My first post from even further South- after five years in Hong
: Kong and London, we have moved back home to Melbourne,
: Australia- great to be home, even though its now even further
: away from the rest of the world...

: A few weeks ago Jeff was was asking whether the Carrera Calibre
: 1887 had the potential to be a new grail...or at least, a
: collectable modern TAG Heuer. Well, this is the one that I
: love...and you can probably guess why...nice touch to have the
: Heuer logo.

: http://www.calibre11.com/heuer-300slr-update/

:
:

: Cheers

: dc

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE