The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Chronomatic from Sweden
In Response To: Chronomatic from Sweden ()

Big loupe and natural light, moving the watch around until it is reflected just right is my usual approach to the difficult serials. And there are still some I'm not 100% certain about all six digits, they're not stamped all that deep and 40+ years of wear and tear takes its toll on legibility.

I guess we could be looking at a 0 or a 3 on the watch, as well as a 2 - not sure how clear the serials were on the Sammy Davis Jr watch, so that could be the one that was misread too.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE