The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Autavia reissue - any fans?
In Response To: Autavia reissue - any fans? ()

I bought one two years ago on e-bay at a very good price. Of course it immediately needed routine service which added $400 to the initial "investment". This is my favorite watch for bad weather (rain) since it has a very robust stainless steel bracelet and modern day water resistance (compared to my vintage watches). However, the lack of a substantial and moving bezel (like the original) is a huge negative as far as keeping with the original. Plus, for me, the dial could have received better design details such as a silver outline/border around the date window plus the minute markers are very plain and disjointed looking (compared to the original). Ignoring comparisons to the original Autavia though, it is a very attractive watch that's good in a suit or jeans, has a robust watch movement, excellent metal bracelet, nice chunky hour indices and a very solid, hefty feel. I too like it!

Steve

: I'm not the biggest reissue fan (although I have owned a couple of
: Monaco reissues) but having got my hands on an Autavia reissue
: recently I think I'm converted!

: It hasn't been off my wrist all week and with the sunny weather in
: the Uk has complimented a nice summer suit just fine!

: Any other fans?

: Regards

: Thomas
: www.heuerheritage.co.uk

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE