The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
So which is the most discussed watch?

Wanting to put the search to the test a bit, plus being a bit bored, I wondered which were the most discussed Heuer models on this forum. So I set about finding out. I had some guesses, but wanted to see how the reality matched up to them.

The searches are not particularly scientific; I didn't make any attempt to filter out references to, say, Silverstone the race track as opposed to Silverstone the watch, or to Manhattan the Borough. Still, they're a reasonable approximation for finding out to satisfy an idle interest, which was all I wanted!

So here, with no further ado, are the watches in position 4-21:

4 Silverstone 764
5 Monza 475
6 Daytona 467
7 Pasadena 272
8 Calculator 265
9 Pilot 248
10 Skipper 196
11 Verona 196
12 Chronosplit 154
13 Regatta 107
14 Easy Rider 103
15 Manhattan 103
16 Kentucky 95
17 Jarama 71
18 Temporada 46
19 Solunar 42
20 Memphis 26
21 Senator 12

Giving up on trying to format that as a table...

As you might expect, the "big three" are missing, but what order are they in? Come see in the replies!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE