The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Are there really that many true NOS?
In Response To: NOS... ()

Personally I have not seen any in the flesh..I have seen plenty of almost NOS: watches that are blemish free, have a sticker on the case back (not necessarily an NOS indicator), barely worn, etc..
Not a must for my collection, because quite honestly, the minute I get it, it is no longer going to be NOS!! I wear my watches, regardless of condition..case in point: I was extremely fortunate to be offered a transitional 1133b, as close to NOS as I have ever owned, at a very modest price, given the $$ they have been exchanging at..it is presently being serviced for what el maestro believes is its first time. He told me it is as pristine and original/untouched a version he has ever worked on. The watch sat in a drawer for quite some time..poor watch being neglected like that! I can tell you that the minute it gets back to me it will be on my wrist, doing what it was meant to do..
So to answer your question, NOS is nice, and to some it may be the be all and the end all, but for me it would just be an extra, and not something I search for..
hope this answers part of the question, hopefully some other NOS owners will chime in..
Best,
David

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE