The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Another Surprise Today . . . My First Three Kiriums.

A few days ago, we were saying how one of the fun things about this collecting hobby is that we never know exactly where our interests will lie, or what we may be wearing or chasing, a few days into the future. Today was a pretty good example of that, as I found myself wearing this TAG-Heuer Kirium, Reference WL1113. Even stranger is the fact that I bought three of these over the past week . . . all exactly the same as the one shown . . . one from Baltimore, one from the UK and one from the Philippines. How weird is that?

I wonder why this happened? Is it the awesome bracelet, or the fact that this is the best "midnight" blue Heuer you can buy for under $350? Has my day spent with the Citizen Campanola convinced me that quartz is the wave of the future . . . no more mechanical ones for me?

And why did I need three of them . . . at least for starters? Maybe a back-up and a back-up for the back-up? Could this be the next one to jump in value? Is this speculation or investment? Should others be buying these, before the price goes way up? Madness?

Sorry, but I can't provide the answers now . . . I expect to be able to, in Spring or Summer 2011. I promise you that this will be one great story!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE