The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Tup North For The Weekend... *PIC*

I'm off to the colder and damper area of the country this weekend to visit some friends, one of which is a bit of a watch nut (the dark side though) and he asked if i'd bring some Heuers up. So i have dusted a few off and will be hoping to show him the error of his ways. As i said to him recently, Heuers are just so much more interesting, colourful, avantegarde, i'm not sure if he can be persuaded over the fence but i thought it was worth a try.

I remember when i first clapped eyes on Monacos and Silverstones at a certain shop in Cobham...my initial response was, they're a bit whacky, look too big for my wrist. Its only when i tried them on that i realised their uniqueness was the attraction and what sets them apart.

Whilst i was getting them ready for the trip i thought i'd take a quick snap, obviously not up to the "Gavin" standard, but i like to take the occasional picture, so i can see the story develop over time. I'm hoping the flight doesn't disrupt them too much and the sight of the Geordie lasses don't distract me too much, last time i went up they were basically walking round in swim costumes and it was December! Not so much grim up north as rock hard up north!

Cheers

Rich
www.heuermonaco.co.uk

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE